[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 11:06:27 PST 2008

> <http://dennisperrin.blogspot.com/2008/01/barack-would-approve.html>
>>
>> Watch. Laugh. Learn. Share.
>
> [WS:] Dennis, that was really low. I am not a
> supporter of charity (as I repeated on this forum time
> and again) - but making fun of people who use it to
> make feel good is like throwing a puppy on a freeway
> or kicking a helpless elderly person. It may make
> brick-throwing thugs feel good about themselves, but
> otherwise it is a pretty cheap and distatestul shot.

I merely posted the vid. I didn't make it, though I wish I did. I think it's very funny and, more importantly, accurate.

Obama Feel Good vibes are perfect for the post-Bush era. The guy's good, I'll give him that. He knows his audience, gives them what they want to hear, embraces their applause, then goes about the ruthless business of serving corporate power. If Obama gets elected, watch out. American liberals will defend the state like never before as Obama pats their heads, sacred light shining down from above.

Dennis