[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 13:00:03 PST 2008

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

> Obama Feel Good vibes are perfect for the post-Bush
> era. The guy's good,
> I'll give him that. He knows his audience, gives
> them what they want to
> hear, embraces their applause, then goes about the
> ruthless business of
> serving corporate power. If Obama gets elected,
> watch out. American liberals
> will defend the state like never before as Obama
> pats their heads, sacred
> light shining down from above.

[WS:] As opposed to other candidates who will not go on the ruthless business of serving corporate power?

Get real, Dennis (and others). The corporate power exists regardless of the party system, let alone which candidate gets elected. The party system is product of that power, not its cause. The candidates must either bark with the corporate pack or else be swept aside or assassinated, politically or literally.

With that in mid, your criticism of Obama is not valid - it only would be valid if Obama served corporate interests and other candidates did not, or if he served them more zelously than others. So unless you show me that this is the case, I simply do not buy this line of criticism.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ