[lbo-talk] Sub-prime crisis in Kansas City

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 4 13:47:29 PST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 4:35 PM, Seth Ackerman wrote:

> If all this is true, then the really interesting question is why these
> people wouldn't give a black guy a prime mortage, but would vote to
> make
> him president.

How do you know it's the same guys? I bet that a lot of mortgage brokers are Republicans. My guess is that the white people most likely to vote for a black guy who tells them that race doesn't matter anymore aren't raving racists; they just want to stop thinking about the whole race thing because it makes them uncomfortable.

Doug