[lbo-talk] Sub-prime crisis in Kansas City

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 17:35:20 PST 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> The Boston Fed did some rigorous mortgage studies in the late 80s or
> early 90s showing significant racial discrim after controlling for
> everything else. I hope someone does that for this cycle. The
> industry won't release FICO scores to researchers now, but you should
> be able to do it with the HMDA data.

But in the meantime since we know how much our society has advanced with regards to race relations since those dark days it really does behoove us to give the fine fellows who brought us this current crisis the benefit of the doubt and assume there was no racist targeting of minorities, right?

Those who disagree can add their off-list "fuck you" emails to me off-list as Jordan did.

John Thornton