[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 5 05:33:40 PST 2008

----- Original Message ----- From: <bitch at pulpculture.org> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 8:02 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

> At 06:56 AM 1/5/2008, Marvin Gandall wrote:
>>I foresee a Huckabee groundswell on the list as a last desperate hope
>>against Obama's developing fascist movement. Huck's election would have
>>the
>>added merit of breaking the string of Ivy League incumbents in the White
>>House; he has impeccable non-elite academic credentials: a two-year BA in
>>Speech Communications from Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia,
>>Arkansas and an additional year at Southern Baptist School of Theology in
>>Fort Worth.
>

> huh? are you just cracking a joke?

You may have missed the earlier very imaginative speculation by some on the list that Obama's rhetoric and resulting "ecstacy" among Democrats are a foretaste of what a homegrown American fascism would look like. Ironically, at one time that was the charge some US leftists levelled at Huey Long, Huckabee's alleged forerunner. I don't think Huckabee is a throwback to Long, except superficially, but that's another matter.