[lbo-talk] Dept. of WTF: Protesters demand Hillary iron their shirts

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 03:25:44 PST 2008

Honestly, that's what I thought. What conservative group would really stage a protest against Hillary like this?

It seems like a really un-savvy attempt by maybe some Clinton operatives -- or officially non-connected surrogates who're nonetheless acting on her behalf -- to remind people, "Hey, Clinton is a woman, and that's pretty inspiring and stuff, no? Like Obama? You know, bringing change -- 'cuz, like, she's a woman, and people like these backwards yahoos are out there that hate that?"

It sounds totally contrived to me, too.

-B.

Wendy Lyon wrote:

"Am I being totally cynical in thinking this sounds pre-arranged?"