[lbo-talk] Dept. of WTF: Protesters demand Hillary iron their shirts

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 10:11:07 PST 2008

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> talent. "Borat" I was overall less impressed with,
> though the drunken frat guys in the trailer being
> openly racist and sexist was jaw-droppingly
> embarrassing for American culture, just like I'd

[WS:] Borat is crude, to be sure, but this is the crux of his shtick. He openly says what "polite" people do or think but do not admit in public - and that is a very biting form of humor.

My favorite skit was Borat singing Kazakh national anthem to the melody of the US national anthem. What other way would better expose the idiocy of the "we are #1" US exceptionalism than claiming that "Kazakhstan number one, all other countries are like little girls?"

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs