[lbo-talk] Dept. of WTF: Protesters demand Hillary iron theirshirts

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 10:14:37 PST 2008

> I agree, however, that Barack Obama as POTUS is a
> rather long shot.
>
> Wojtek

Maybe. It's still early. But Obama's rise matches that of other systemic "reformers." After the chaos of Nixon and lingering spasms of Ford came Jimmy Carter. After 12 years of Reagan/Bush, Iran/contra and S&L scandals came Bill Clinton. Now, after eight years of Bush II . . .

As I've said, Obama is perfect for the moment. Whether or not the moment chooses him is another story. We may still get a President Huckabee. A fate we Americans richly deserve.

Dennis