[lbo-talk] Dept. of WTF: Protesters demand Hillary iron their shirts

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 09:58:14 PST 2008

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Barack as president I really don't see happening.
> For
> his fans, with whom I'm increasingly in disbelief,
> it's like they really are smitten by some 2nd coming
> of JFK-type thing, a knight in shining armor from
> the
> pearly halls of Visionary Idealism, making everyone
> feel good or something, but not doing much else.

[Ws:] I am not an "Obama fan" - but I do think that he is likely to be somewhat less servile to corporate interests than the rest of the pack. Not voting for the war on Iraq, whereas Clinton & Edwards did, suggests that he may be more willing to resist "barking with the pack." Not that he will go on a limb doing that, but that is better than "sliding into corporate assholes without vaseline" - as they say in the old country.

I agree, however, that Barack Obama as POTUS is a rather long shot.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ