[lbo-talk] Kuchinich explains backing Obama over Edwards

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 10:42:33 PST 2008

Max B. Sawicky wrote:
> Obama is against SS privatization and favors a health care plan
> much like the others. There's no indication of him being anti-union.
>
> There are reasons to be apprehensive of him, so it would be best to
> focus on those reasons, accurately.

Obama uses the Republican talking point when discussing the Social Security "crisis" and referred to the SEIU as a special interest group in a rather negative way. He is more hostile to Unions than Edwards and more hostile towards SS than Edwards. His health care plan sucks worse than Edwards in that it leaves too many uninsured. At least according to everything I've read. I'm open to evidence to the contrary.

John Thornton