[lbo-talk] Kuchinich explains backing Obama over Edwards

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 8 11:43:37 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:42 PM, John Thornton wrote:

> Obama uses the Republican talking point when discussing the Social
> Security "crisis" and referred to the SEIU as a special interest group
> in a rather negative way.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he, or some other Dem, took office amidst recession and declining tax revenues and declared that Bush left behind a fiscal mess that means all options are on the table. Blue-ribbon bipartisan panel duly appointed, recommends SS privatization and Medicare cuts. The government of national unity declares we all must sacrifice. Etc.

Doug