[lbo-talk] Anyone else hit by last nights storms? (Chicago, Kansas City etc.)

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jan 8 11:24:08 PST 2008

John Thornton wrote:
> Chuck and andie live in places hit by these storms as do others here I
> imagine. Everyone come though alright?

I'm fine. The storms came through here around 1:30 am and had a minor amount of lightning and thunder.

I've lived in the Midwest for all but nine years of my life and have yet to see or be affected by a tornado.

The warming spell this weekend was awesome. This is the kind of weather that Kansas City normally has--in recent years we've had long winters (at least for us).

The ironic thing is that we got our new furnace working at the infoshop on Sunday when it was 50 outside. We haven't been open much in the past two weeks, but we managed to keep open hours during some cold weeks in December.

> A tornado took off part of my roof and two large trees along with my
> neighbors roof and one of their trees.
> My SO and I, as well as the multitude of cats, were safely in the
> basement and unharmed.

Shit! I'm sorry to hear that. It's good to hear that you are okay, at least physically.

Are you up in the Chicago area?

Chuck