[lbo-talk] Anyone else hit by last nights storms? (Chicago, Kansas City etc.)

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 11:36:12 PST 2008

Chuck wrote:
> John Thornton wrote:
>
>> A tornado took off part of my roof and two large trees along with my
>> neighbors roof and one of their trees.
>> My SO and I, as well as the multitude of cats, were safely in the
>> basement and unharmed.
>>

> Shit! I'm sorry to hear that. It's good to hear that you are okay, at
> least physically.
>
> Are you up in the Chicago area?
>
> Chuck

I live about 150 miles south of you in Southwest MO. Almost directly in the middle of town of Springfield. A friend of mines father lost his entire house except for the bathtub he and his SO were cowering in under a mattress. He also found his neighbor dead in the ditch in front of his house. Today he is one of the luckiest people alive. This is my third tornado so obviously you have much better karma than I do with regards to these things. I've already had the insurance claims adjuster here and I expect to have the roofers here tomorrow so along with no injuries I'm pretty lucky myself.

John Thornton