[lbo-talk] Dept. of WTF: Protesters demand Hillary iron their shirts

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 12:16:51 PST 2008

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> [Ws:] I am not an "Obama fan" - but I do think that he
> is likely to be somewhat less servile to corporate
> interests than the rest of the pack. Not voting for
> the war on Iraq, whereas Clinton & Edwards did,
> suggests that he may be more willing to resist
> "barking with the pack."

Obama was not in a position to support the war or not support the war since he was serving in a state office at the time. He has both claimed opposition and then claimed he wasn't sure what he would have done. It is more than slightly interesting that when W was doing well in the polls Obama removed all anti-war statements from his website. It was at this time he claimed not to know how he would have voted. He blows with the winds quite easily even for a Dem.

John Thornton