[lbo-talk] Dept. of WTF: Protesters demand Hillary iron their shirts

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Wed Jan 9 09:50:49 PST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, B. wrote:

> This is all horse-race analysis, BUT: The bad blood is
> increasing between Hillary and Obama to such a degree
> I can't imagine them reconciling and being on one
> ticket -- and Edwards is joining more 'n more with
> Obama, no?

Huh?

Where you under the impression that LBJ and JFK were bosom buddies? They fucking hated each other.

How about GHW Bush. Pro-choice, referred to reaganomics as "voodoo economics" during the primary. (A New England blueblood chillin' with a movie start??!?! I don't think so.)

The Bush/Cheney and Clinton/Gore administrations were exceptions to the rule -- there is no tradition of presidential running mates being buddies.