[lbo-talk] Bill Bennett names names

Gary Mongiovi MONGIOVG at stjohns.edu
Thu Jan 10 15:03:04 PST 2008

If memory serves, in the 2004 presidential campaign, Al Sharpton was the ONLY candidate from either party talking--I meant really talking--about the issues. Ditto Jackson when HE ran. Obama doesn't come close, at least not by the criterion of raising appropriately uncomfortable questions about the kind of society we want to live in.

Gary

Message: 13 Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:50:45 -0800 From: Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> Subject: [lbo-talk] Bill Bennett names names To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Message-ID: <200801102150.m0ALoZ9Y007388 at flpi185.prodigy.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed

more Bennett on Obama:

"Talk about the black community -- he has taught the black community you don't have to act like Jesse Jackson; you don't have to act like Al Sharpton. You can talk about the issues."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200801040004

http://www.blackagendareport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=485&Itemid=1