[lbo-talk] Classist t-shirt of the day

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 18:14:42 PST 2008

God, people are still getting t shirts with Napoleon Dynamite quotes on them? That's depressing. The quesadilla quote t-shirts and other crap from that movie being everywhere completely ruined what was once just a cute, innocuous little gem of a film. Then it became this badge of indie wit to advertise its slogans everywhere on all your accoutrements. I don't remember the "Your mom goes to college line," but it still looks like a put-down to me.

-B.

J Cullen wrote:

"It's a non-sequitur from 'Napoleon Dynamite.' I'm not sure it's meant as a classist put-down. At least from a skimming of Google citations, it looks like "the kids" use it to mean something like 'So's your old man...'"