[lbo-talk] Classist t-shirt of the day

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 18:29:45 PST 2008

>I've always liked Lydon's cheek, even when it's pure id.

A few months ago he did a telephone interview with Joe Escalante on morning radio. Escalante plays bass for the Vandals and is one of the "right wing" punks from Orange County. He has a show on Indie 103, the station that has Steve Jones's great mid-day show.

Whatever his politics, Escalante is terrible on the radio. He kept saying to Lydon "you ruined my life Johnny Rotten" because the Sex Pistols made him want to be a punk rocker. After he said this stupid shit for the third or fourth time Lydon said "you don't get it, you never got it, you still don't get it....." and hung up. It was great.