[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jan 14 13:18:12 PST 2008

> Paul is a GOP fringe candidate who's uncontroversially
> pro-life, supports the war on drugs --

Whoa. You sure about that? Here's Paul from Sept '07:

"On the issue of drugs, we have spent nearly five hundred billion dollars on the War on Drugs, since the 1970s. Total failure. Some day, we have to admit it. Today, we have the federal government going into states that have legal medical marijuana, arresting people--undermining state laws--arresting people who use marijuana when they're dying with cancer and AIDS, and it's done with, as a compassionate conservative. And it doesn't work. "What it does, it removes the ability to states to do their things, and also introduces the idea that it's the federal government that will get to decide whether we get to take vitamins, and alternative medical care, or whatever. Most of our history, believe it or not, had no drug laws. Prohibition has been an absolute failure for alcohol. Drug addiction is a medical problem. It's not a problem of the law."

More here, including Paul's opposition to drug tests for federal employees.

<http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul_Drugs.htm>

Dennis (not a Paul supporter or voter, despite what some may say)