[lbo-talk] Price and taste of wine

berber carpet bomb berber.carpet.bomb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:42:40 PST 2008

On 1/15/08, Tim Francis-Wright <tim at francis-wright.com> wrote:
> Doug Henwood wrote:
> > I'm guessing you got the list address by replying to a
> > message and changing the subject heading. It's in the message header:

> Well, take off my own shoe and beat me over the head with it.
> How should those of us who get the digests reply so topics
> remain nicely threaded?
>
> --tim francis-wright

you can't, really. and some of my favorite posters here, always show the telltale signs of reply to a digest message: dwayne and dennis. I like to read a thread, so i sort individual mail to the thread. But, alas, Dennis and Dwayne will never be in the thread due to the way a mail reader will sort based on the "in-reply-to" header in your email. So, sometimes, I miss their scintillating commentary until after I've read the thread. Or, I have to go rootin' 'round my email program for their nuggets and figure out where they belong, in terms of time sequence. Like how long did it take Dwayne to come up with a clever flame for the wojbot. ha ha.

these are sometimes important datapoints in my day.

so, i must go on, in spite of it all. it's the suckage, but they are the ones who know how best to manage their email, not me. it's the price a bitch has to pay for reading her buds. le sigh. :)