[lbo-talk] Patrick Bond responds on Chinese labor market

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Thu Jan 17 00:19:59 PST 2008

Sorry, should have been clearer. That stat was for South Africa ("our situation"), and it's roughly 10% of the employed population. If anyone wants I can send over a .ppt that gives all the employment data here, including informal jobs, or my book Elite Transition (UKZN and Pluto Press) which does more on the context of the sort of crony neoliberalism that wiped out a million formal sector jobs.