[lbo-talk] hmm, and I thought it was talk therapy that was ineffec tive!

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 08:06:31 PST 2008

Wellbutrin is well known for causing jittery, on-edge, nervy, anxious, even irritable feelings -- a greater predisposition to impatience and anger.

It generally takes a few weeks to build up to that. Can also cause sleeplessness due to the jitteriness. Older patients are rarely prescribed it because it interferes so much with sleep and the anxiousness doesn't help w/ heart issues.

Now, this stuff Chris Doss was on that caused *almost instantaneous euphoria and the like* -- what the heck was that!? I'd love to know. Anti-depressants generally take weeks, sometimes a couple of months, to produce noticeable effects -- if any. Popping something that gives you euphoria sounds more like a street drug, or maybe Adderall, which in rare cases is given for folks for treatment-resistant depression, but as a very last case thing in that instance, as it's essentially legal speed. (Schedule II controlled substance, like opium, morphine, or cocaine, but given often to [wealthy white] college kids to help them study, etc.)

This is why a lot of celebs and models are on Adderall -- high-energy, appetite suppressant (trim figure), tremendous bouts of feeling productive, but when you crash off it you realize what it means to feel strung out/"cracked out," and that that isn't just some goofy slang.

-B.

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

"[WS:] I agree. I was on Wellbutrin for a whilebecause my doc insisted on it (I was supposed to be a high depression risk) - but it just made me jittery."