[lbo-talk] hmm, and I thought it was talk therapy that was ineffec tive!

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:21:11 PST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 2:05 PM, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that many peoples' bodies will
> acclimate to medications that are "good" for them
> (like the freely-prescribed Wellbutrin, or the
> performance-enhancing psychoactive substance we call
> "caffeine") just as much as it will try and develop a
> tolerance to medicines that are "bad" for them (e.g.
> cocaine). Your body doesn't know, or care, what the
> prevailing political regime has decided should be bad
> or good for it. It just reacts how it reacts.

That may be the case with the uppers, downers, laughers and screamers, but I've never heard of that going on with vitamins and antibiotics. Bug populations might adapt to the latter, but that's different from a person's tolerance.

Alas, my mania only lasted a couple of days, not long enough to get laid. I hear it's goooooood when you're manic. :-)

-- Andy