[lbo-talk] Scientology: the beliefs

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Fri Jan 18 15:40:41 PST 2008

Um... these weren't my comments. I noted that there is a Christian revolutionary tradition as well as a Christian tradition of voluntary servitude. To be perfectly honest, I think Spinoza's analysis in the Theological Political Treatise, which emphasizes the Bible as a book that prescribes social behavior in order to create social order. Spinoza emphasizes that the Bible's message is extremely simple and emphasizes obedience over understanding. Robert Wood