[lbo-talk] hmm, and I thought it was talk therapy that wasineffective!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 18 18:40:44 PST 2008

Chris Doss wrote:

> It was a joke, Carrol.

Well, every so often in a support group or in support e-mail list someone suffering from unipolar will say it seriously, and the bipolars rise up in anger and/or seriously hurt feelings. So it isn't exactly a very good joke. There were times in the past when in some corner of my mind I sort of wished for a touch of hypomania. For about 5 days after emerging quickly from a serious depression just feeling ordinary resembles hypomania.

Carrol