[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Jan 22 05:32:04 PST 2008

How modest. They've answered the mystery of God.

Great ! So, God is no longer a mystery. That really shows nothing is not unknowable ( and nothing is knowable)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Charles Brown wrote:

> So I don't think the idea that this question is scientifically
> meaningless can be defended. Scientists seem to be treating it with
the
> same seriousness they treat, say, inflation theory.
>
> ^^^^ CB: Interesting. Their answer doesn't seem to be "God".

Actually, FWIW, both Vilenkin and Hawking have said they have no problem calling God that answer to that question. As Holt puts it in an article he wrote on the subject for Harpers 15 years ago, theistic handwaving is actually fashionable among physicists these days:

http://dbanach.com/holt.htm