[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jan 21 07:26:04 PST 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Michael Pollak wrote:

>> Meaningless "questions" like "Why is there something instead of
>> nothing?" cannot yield a meaningful answer to scientific, or any other,
>> technique.
>
> There are many scientists who would disagree with you about that.
> They're called "nothing theorists" and they think about exactly this
> question.

I'm sorry, I forgot to put the link where I stole all this from: an interview with Jim Holt, who is writing a book on this subject called _The Puzzle of Existence_. He's being interviewed here:

http://bloggingheads.tv/diavlogs/8185

and this is the first topic, "The Slightly Comic Puzzle of Existence," starting at minute 5:25.

Michael