[lbo-talk] the myth of the french bourgeoisie

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 23 07:32:08 PST 2008

shag wrote:

> Anyway, I will report more if this book turns out to be interesting.
> Meanwhile, theory heads: tell me what to read!

V.N. Volosinov, Marxism and the Philosophy of Language. Robert Albritton, Dialectics and Deconstruction in Political Economy Jonathan Shay, Achilles in Vietnam: Combat Fatigue and the Undoing of Character Tilottima Rajan, Deconstruction and the Remainders of Phenomenology Raymond Williams, The Country and the City Homer, The Iliad, tr. Robert Fagles, Introduction by Bernard Knox. (Don't be cheap -- buy the hardbound edition) Ellen Meiksins Wood, Peasant-Citizen and Slave: The Foundations of Athenian Democracy M. I Finley, The World of Odysseus

Carrol