[lbo-talk] the myth of the french bourgeoisie

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 23 13:48:41 PST 2008

Carrol Cox wrote:
> Ellen Meiksins Wood, Peasant-Citizen and Slave: The Foundations of
> Athenian Democracy

Her books "Democracy Against Capitalism: Renewing Historical Materialism" and "The Origin of Capitalism: A Longer View" were both so good I stayed up all night after I purchased them so I could read them straight through. Not many books are this engrossing I'm always a bit envious when I read something so well written and engaging knowing that is a skill I just cannot master.

John Thornton