[lbo-talk] O-bomb-a's economic advisers

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 09:03:57 PST 2008

--- Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Max B. Sawicky wrote:
>
> > I see it as just the opposite. BHO is to the left
> of HRC on most
> > everything. And HRC has demonstrated less
> trustworthyness. I'm doing a
> > piece on this now.
>
> Please post it when you do! So far on this list
> that position has zero
> defenders. We'd be fascinated to see your case and
> to see a man of your
> caliber defend it. And if it's true, it'll
> certainly be a much simpler
> explanation of why so many people seem to think
> that, which has thus far
> been baffling us.

[WS:] I wholeheartedly second it. As of now, the Dem campaign looks like disgusting substance-less identity politics and personality contests. At least Repugs concentrate on policy issues - repugnant and xenophobic ones, to be sure, but issues nonetheless.

I recently read that opinion expressed in Khaleej Times http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Index00.asp on an Emirates flight to Entebbe, and it struck me as an accurate summary of the US electoral farce - far better than anything I read in the US (it features, inter alia, Noam Chomsky). Yet another proof that one needs to travel abroad to truly realize the sewer-like quality of Amerikan political discourse, and its cultural & journalistic expressions.

In any case, if Max, whose views I value, can convince me otherwise - I will keep believing that the current primaries are basically third-rate theatrics without any substance, and Dems lead the way in that farce.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping