[lbo-talk] O-bomb-a's economic advisers

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 12:09:59 PST 2008

At 04:26 AM 1/25/2008, shag wrote:

>well, very few people actually study someone's policy proposals or ask
>about who his advisors are. they listen to snippets of speeches and absorb
>things on t.v.

I saw a Hillary commercial on tv last night. She was saying she would take subsidies away from oil companies. I said out loud "what subsidies, what does that mean?" Then I was thinking that it sounds pretty good if that 30 second commercial is all you're going on. But the substance of "taking away subsidies" is as weightless as something like "I believe in a place called Hope."