[lbo-talk] Ace Cockburn, persecuted intellectual hero

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sat Jan 26 09:32:21 PST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 4:59 PM, J T. Ramsay <blackmail at blackmailismylife.com> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > There have been similar
> > warming cycles in the past, such as the medieval warming period, when
> > the warming levels were considerably higher than they are now.
>
> Wasn't the medieval period part of what's known as a little ice age?

I think you are confusing two different events: a warming period around the turn of the first millenium during which bits of the coast of Greenland were cultivated by the Vikings, and then a prolonged cold snap in the 1600s, which is referred to as the "little ice age".

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam

http://lim.nl