[lbo-talk] Urban wealth/ethnic stratification

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 27 11:05:39 PST 2008

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I understand that fleecing tourists requires a nice
> attitude, and tourism is the only life line in many
> areas,

That's my favorite part of hearing family members and others travel stories from Africa and Asia. Moaning on about how the locals 'cheat' them. Tell them that these locals are only doing on an very small individual scale what we do to their countries on a huge systemic scale and you just get this blank stare. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

John Thornton