[lbo-talk] Taibbi's latest column on Clinton/Obama

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Jan 30 11:08:41 PST 2008

Here's entertainment. Taibbi is fun as always:

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/12502

<excerpt>

There's no denying the clear difference in the

two campaign styles. In Barack Obama versus Hillary Clinton, we've

basically got Kennedy-Nixon redux, and I mean that in the most negative

possible sense for both of them -- a pair of superficial, posturing

conservatives selling highly similar political packages using different

emotional strategies. Obama is selling free trade and employer-based

health care and an unclear Iraqi exit strategy using looks, charisma

and optimism, while Hillary is selling much the same using hard, cold

reality, "prose not poetry," managerial competence over "vision."

<end excerpt>

Michael