[lbo-talk] sprinting rightwards

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Jul 1 19:28:34 PDT 2008

I fear that when you get big successful organizations you get big Andys. Goes with the territory. My father was a nice guy. Principled. Never got higher than shop steward/organizer.

Regarding Kos, my impression is there are a lot of lefties buried inside the bigger sites like Kos, firedoglake, Booman Tribune, etc., swimming through the sea of the people like cyber-Maoists. There's a lot of wonky theory about why somebody who gets in the game earlier gains an inherent advantage that builds in relative and absolute terms over time. The other thing to remember about Kos (we began approximately the same time) is that his site was focused like a laser beam on horserace commentary, like a fantasy baseball league for two-party political junkies. That was his niche. Only later did they develop the awesome community-content software jazz that allowed his readers to pontificate about everything under the sun.