[lbo-talk] 90% of blacks voted

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Jul 3 21:08:55 PDT 2008

for Kerry.

it's been bugging me, every time charles pointed to the 90% support for Obama among blacks. Bugged me because 90% of blacks was, as i recalled each time, the typical % support for the dem in a presidential election.

i vaguely recall an old poli sci textbook that listed support for presidential candidates by race, gender, income, etc. and the black vote stood out as generating about 88-90% ever year divisible by 4.

it seems to me that, had clinton won the contest, you would have seen 90% black support for clinton this november.

so, why is 90% support for obama supposed to be impressive again?

shag