[lbo-talk] Power (Waiting for Foucault)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 01:48:06 PDT 2008

He wasn't (his wife seems to have been though). Actually, the first Nietzsche lectures (in 1936?) contain a pointed attack on biologism, which features pretty much Heidegger's only favorable comment on Spinoza. That's why when Farias tried to make a case that Heidegger was an anti-Semite, he had to go back to a speech Heidegger made when he was a teenager (!), which was on a Reformation-era Protestant theologian, who like many Protestant theologians had been an anti-Semite, and then argue guilt by association. Lame.