[lbo-talk] Heidegger

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Tue Jul 8 16:58:25 PDT 2008

As a brief correction, I never used the word 'aberration' myself. I simply stated that Chris' argument couldn't hold up if you look at the entire history of the Comintern. For an interesting view on some of the valuable aspects of the third period, you might want to look at Robin Kelley's Hammer and Hoe, which looks at the history of African-Americans in the Alabama party. Kelley argues that the popular front was a real step back for that section of the party as that it really muted some of the anti-racism and forced the workers to work with the middle class NAACP. (It also does an interesting job of looking at how the rhetoric of the third period was translated into everyday activism. robert wood