[lbo-talk] obama's public service spots

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 15:53:57 PDT 2008

On June 7 I posted the links to Obama's AND McCain's "Army Wives" commercials. The Lifetime Network plays one from each of the candidates, not just Obama.

Both commercials can be seen here:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080602/009702.html

So, Lifetime is playing fair. I guess. Personally, I have seen the McCain public spot more than the Obama spot.

-B.

shag wrote:

"A guy posted this in comments, re obama: 'Have you caught the free plugs for Obama everywhere. On Lifetime, they ran a self-promoting ad for 'Army Wives,' followed by Obama soliciting donations to Lifetime's charity for real-life army wives. The 'entertainment news' shows seem to be giving him regular time too.' wow! obama dude has quite a PR team. Is this a new wrinkle in the running for office game? whoever he hired to get his mug on the TeeVee like that seems to be doing something new here. Is this a new way to get free face time with the public? if it is, fucking genius."