[lbo-talk] legal dwama

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Jul 9 16:04:14 PDT 2008

At 06:47 PM 7/9/2008, Steven L. Robinson wrote:
>Shag
>
>Think "at will" employment.
>
>Your company can pretty well do as it pleases and there is not much you,
>as an employee, can do to stop it nor do you have much recourse. (Unless
>the people who are all being forced out are of a specific class protected
>by law from discrimination).
>
>If you refuse to sign an intellectual property/non compete agreement (and
>I bet there is a binding arbitration clause in there as well), the company
>can likely fire you. In some states, the company MAY have difficulty
>enforcing a non-compete agreement,
>
>The good news is your co-worker's g-mail account is safe. Recent federal
>law pretty much protects third party e-mail from disclosure to employers
>or other not subscriber (Company e-mail is another matter, you must
>assume it is monitored at all times), SR

thanks. yeah, i'm know they'll make good on their promise to let people go. i don't think anyone doubts that. i think some people *might* think that the whole thing will go away if enough ppl get together and say 'no'. but, of course, before anything is actually said, almost everyone backs away from the idea of any real collective action. oh noes! not a union! oh noes!

me personally? if i determine that non-compete screws me in any way, i'm asking for more dough. "dudes. we already know i'm a whore," as the saying goes, "now let's talk buckaroos."