[lbo-talk] it never hoits to ask

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Jul 11 08:08:05 PDT 2008

Bill Bartlett writes:

> I collect coins.

For a while there, I used to collect 'old' $20 bills. You know, the ones from before they starting putting the strips in them that you can track from space, remember? I started by pestering my friends to open their wallets to me. After a while, they became harder to find, especially since the average street lifetime of a bill in the US is about 18 months. Pretty soon, all you got from an ATM was a new bill. But then I noticed that people would save them for me: "Oh, there's an old one ... I'll be seeing Jordan on the weekend, I'll hold on to it for him" ... and I guess I did pretty well for a bit.

My goal was to collect them all; what fun that would have been!

/jordan