[lbo-talk] democracy in action

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Jul 11 14:54:12 PDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:06:07 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Picket them! $450 for the netroots? Really?

I'd almost go just to see how few people show up.

I'm on their mailing list, since I attended the thing back when it still had Kos in its name, just so I could ridicule it on my blog --

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org/2006/06/time_to_exfiltrate.html

... if anybody's interested in a little instant nostalgia.

Anyway, since they have my address, I've noticed an increasingly frantic desperation in their appeals to sign up. I don't think they're even going to cover their costs. Or Kosts.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Markos Moulitsas Zuniga had to file for bankruptcy? I think I would expire from sheer bliss.