[lbo-talk] boilerplate

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 23:29:30 PDT 2008

Don't condescend to me. Since you have been spouting off about the law, shall I tell you to shut up and not offer legal advice about matters on which you are ignorant? (Manifestly.) I'm as numerate as you, possibly more so. "Average" can mean mean, median, or mode. In the context of a joke it is pedantic in a stupid way to disambiguate. In fact, since the audience, most of them, doesn't understand the distinction, it would ruin the point. So we can add humor to the list of things you are not competent in., along with civility Let's just hope you're a better tekkie than you are a pseudo-lawyer, pedant, humorist, and conversationalist. But it is tekkie-like, in the manner of immature male tekkies who haven't grown up, to try to one-up people. It's also extremely annoying. Don't do it anymore. All that said I do appreciate the good work you do for the list.