[lbo-talk] Grandma's medicine cabinet

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Sat Jul 12 14:48:47 PDT 2008

BIG PHARMA IS IN A FRENZY TO BRING CANNABIS-BASED MEDICINES TO MARKET By Paul Armentano, AlterNet While the the American Medical Association claims pot has no medical value, Big Pharma is busy getting patents for marijuana products.

There seems to be very little discussion about the loss of control of 'grandma's stuff' which was pretty much morphine and opium solutions. In Prov. in the '60s some of them were still available from a corner drugstore. Drug traffic has been nationalized. Trying to recall the name of that journalist from the SJ Merc gives me shivers. I'm so full of fear.

martin