[lbo-talk] URPE Summer Conference -- Aug 15-18 -- REGISTER NOW! ORGANIZE A PANEL!

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Jul 14 08:56:07 PDT 2008

Those people who do get jobs have to publish to get tenure, which pressures them to not do interesting work.

In Mexico, Gary Dimsky gave a paper on the banking crisis, which was far superior to anything that I have seen elsewhere. Work like that does not have much of an outlet, leaving Doug with the impression that nothing interesting is being done. Most left economists do not have the organizational creativity or the backing to do what Dean or Mark have done. I wonder what EPI would look like today with a vibrant union movement. The problem is not so much a deficiency with radical economists as a structure to let them flourish.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu michaelperelman.wordpress.com