[lbo-talk] URPE Summer Conference -- Aug 15-18 -- REGISTER NOW! ORGANIZE A PANEL!

sawicky at verizon.net sawicky at verizon.net
Mon Jul 14 09:28:00 PDT 2008

15 sounds about right, but both groups provide a pipeline and

platform for others in academia and elsewhere.  And there is a

pretty big network of state groups who perform the same function.

As far as professions go, the relevant question is how much good

you can do if you forget econ and go somewhere else.  You have

to work for somebody unless you're willing to live like a philosopher.

You could become a doctor and tend to the poor with zero political

impact.  Could you have more impact teaching English lit?  I doubt it.