[lbo-talk] Violent Offenders with Military Experience

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Jul 15 03:59:50 PDT 2008

Chris writes:

> I don't think most military service actually involves killing people.

I think this is an odd little thread, but I do know some numbers: in Iraq, about 45% of the US troops are engaged in offense, defense, or security.

> My dad was in Vietnam in the Air Force. He was a dental assistant.

In Vietnam, it was more like 20%; and traditionally this is largely Army and Marines. These days, more Air Force members are taking on these roles, much to their surprise.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NXL/is_3_20/ai_n27063678

/jordan