[lbo-talk] Violent Offenders with Military Experience

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jul 15 04:32:09 PDT 2008

At 06:59 AM 7/15/2008, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>Chris writes:
>
>>I don't think most military service actually involves killing people.
>
>I think this is an odd little thread, but I do know some numbers: in Iraq,
>about 45% of the US troops are engaged in offense, defense, or security.
>
>>My dad was in Vietnam in the Air Force. He was a dental assistant.
>
>In Vietnam, it was more like 20%; and traditionally this is largely Army
>and Marines. These days, more Air Force members are taking on these
>roles, much to their surprise.
>
>http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NXL/is_3_20/ai_n27063678
>
>/jordan

this is in the realm of hearsay, but someone told me at work that they shipped out a bunch of troops (I guess mostly women b/c this woman was shaking her head over it b/c of all the mothers supposedly now in combatant roles) from Ft. Eustis (which is the army transportation brigade) having reassigned their MOS from non-combatant to combatant.

did anyone watch Carrier on PBS? http://www.pbs.org/weta/carrier/