[lbo-talk] Violent Offenders with Military Experience

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 18:06:07 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:14 PM, WD <mister.wd at gmail.com> wrote:

> The anecdotal evidence certainly
> suggests that military personnel and former military personnel commit
> violent crimes at a higher rate than those with employment histories
> that don't involve killing people.

Or, perhaps, than those with less concentrated poverty, as the organized left will quickly note with piercing shrieks of indignation where any other relatively high-crime demographic is concerned?

(Vets actually have a lower poverty rate than the rest of us - 5.9% to 12.3%, according to the 2006 American Community Survey. But those who are poor are much, much poorer: vets comprise 40% of the homeless male population, according to the National Coalition for the Homeless. Homeless vets, incidentally, are less likely to have faced combat than housed ones.)

Here's more on "this paranoid, stereotyped, opportunistic, polemical drivel" of leftist vet-bashing from a vet we should all respect, if only because he coined the phrase "as red as a baboon's ass and proud of it":

http://www.freedomroad.org/content/view/185/lang,en