[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on BHO

WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 06:03:10 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Where have movements come from? As far as I can tell by various people
> continuing to monkey around with dismal unsuccess until a complex of
> condtions and the response to them created a wave which someone (or
> several someones) were able to generalize correctly into a couple
> slogans which energizdc ghd many local struggles at a national level.
> This never quite happened in the 1930s.
>
> Why are posters expecting that we can excogitate a plan out of thin air
> than will it into action?

Why this straw man shit? I think you will acknowledge that the historical conditions that make movements possible won't always generate them unless the people trying to spark those movements are doing something that fits with the historical conditions. Hence the need to theorize and argue/discuss what is to be done.

-WD